Green Card & U.S. Citizenship

Green Card & U.S. Citizenship

Green Card and US Citizenship

Green Card through Family

You may be eligible to get a Green Card as:


Green Card through a Job

The main options to immigrate based on a job offer or employment are the following:

A Job OfferYou may be eligible to become a permanent resident based on an offer of permanent employment in the United States. Most categories require an employer to get a labor certification and then file a Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker, for you.

InvestmentGreen cards may be available to investors/entrepreneurs who are making an investment in an enterprise that creates new U.S. jobs.

Self-PetitionSome immigrant categories allow you to file for yourself (“self-petition”). This option is available for either “Aliens of Extraordinary Ability” or certain individuals granted a National Interest Waiver.

Special Categories of JobsThere are a number of specialized jobs that may allow you to get a green card based on a past or current job, such as:

  • Afghan/Iraqi Translator
  • Broadcaster
  • International Organization Employee
  • Iraqi Who Assisted the U.S. Government
  • NATO-6 Nonimmigrant
  • Panama Canal Employee
  • Physician National Interest Waiver
  • Religious Worker

Green Card through Refugees or Asylees Status

Other ways to obtain a Green Card


A person may become a U.S. Citizen in one of three ways: birth, blood, or naturalization.

Bocancea Law Firm has extensive experience with these types of cases. Ruslan Bocancea is licensed in Minnesota, and authorized to represent clients before all immigration authorities, including courts, USCIS, ICE, CBP and U.S. Embassies.